Chopped Farmers Market Organic Farro Salad
Makes 6-8 servings
· 1/2 cup raw organic farro
· 3 ears of corn or 12oz organic frozen corn
· 1 organic seedless cucumber, chopped
· 1 large organic (any color) bell pepper, chopped
· 1 cup organic grape tomatoes, halved
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
· 1/4 cup crumbled feta
HONEY LEMON VINAIGRETTE
· 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (from about 2 organic lemons)
· 2 Tbsp. organic lemon juice
· 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
· 1 1/2 Tbsp. raw local honey
· 1 small garlic clove, pressed
· Himilayan salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Cook farro according to package directions. Cool completely.
2. Cook corn in boiling water, on the stovetop, for 5 minutes. Cool just enough to handle, and then cut the kernels off the cob OR simply defrost frozen corn.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cooked farro, corn, cucumbers, bell pepper, tomatoes, herbs, and feta. Set aside.
4. Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
6. Cover the salad bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Give the salad a good stir before serving.