One Plate Grilled Veggies
-This is so easy and perfect for entertaining! All your veggies on one plate! If you do not have a grill, this recipe can be modified and cooked in an oven instead. Place all veggies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until desired tenderness and color.
ORGANIC GRILLED VEGGIE PLATTER-serves 6
· 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
· 1 pound cherry tomatoes, stemmed
· 4 carrots, cut lengthwise in half
· 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
· 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
· 1 red onion, cut into wedges
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon raw honey
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
· Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon, garlic, basil, rosemary, sage and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Brush olive oil mixture onto the asparagus, tomatoes, carrots, squash, zucchini and red onion; let sit for 10-15 minutes.
4. Transfer vegetables to a grill basket; place basket onto the grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until vegetables are lightly charred all over, about 10-12 minutes.
5. Serve immediately, drizzled with remaining marinade, if desired.