Transition To Fall With This Delicious, Healthy Squash Salad!
· 1 teaspoon organic garlic granules
· 1 teaspoon organic thyme leaf
· 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
· 1, 1 ½ pound to 2 pound organic butternut squash
· 1 small (¼ pound) organic parsnip
· 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
· 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup
· 4 cups organic baby spinach
· 1/2 cup toasted organic pecans
· 1 1/2 cups cooked farro
· 1/2 cup dried organic cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Peel and cube the butternut squash and parsnips. Place on a sheet tray and toss with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt. Place in the oven and roast until the squash is tender; 25 to 35 minutes.
2. While the squash is roasting, combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, syrup, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt in a small jar. Shake until well combined.
3. Once the squash is done, place spinach in a large bowl and add the farro, walnuts, cranberries, and roasted squash. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to combine. Serve immediately once dressed!
***Sweet potatoes would work well in place of the butternut squash. Also, you could quinoa in place of the farro for a gluten-free option.